Being me, I started out by searching for a pattern that I could use for my card. I couldn't find anything that would work, so I played around and came up with a design that looks pretty cool! Can I just tell you how proud I am that I "freehanded" this one? I cut a rectangle of tissue paper and folded it in half, bringing the two short ends together. Then I folded it in half the other direction, so I had it folded in quarters. Keeping the center of the original rectangle as my point, I folded the piece on a diagonal to form a triangle, and then folded that triangle in half again. Once I had the piece folded I used my paper punches to cut pieces out of the folded edges. I also used my Cropadile to punch a few holes in the center of the piece. When I unfolded it, I was left with a radially symmetrical design. I accordian folded the piece longways and then used my corner rounder on the corners, creating a scalloped bottom to the piece.
I used Glue Dots vellum adhesive (my favorite vellum adhesive ever!) to adhere the tissue paper to a rectangle of cardstock; it gave a nice, even bond for all of the delicate sections without leaving any trace of adhesive. The sentiment tag was created by putting each end of a small strip of paper into my large corner punch. I like the softly rounded edge that resulted.
Papertrey Ink cardstock and stamp--Mega Mixed Messages; Versafine by Tsukineko stamping ink; EK Success punches; Martha Stewart loop border punch; Cropadile; Glue Dots vellum adhesive; jute; tissue paper