Monday, October 5, 2009

Indian inspiration card

Challenge three was all about India. While technically the challenge was to use rhinestones, sequins and jewels, I was so inspired by the photo Nichole provided that I made a card that also echoed the mix of bright colors.

The inspiration:


My card:
 

Bazzill Basics cardstock; Hambly Screenprints transparency; The Beadery gemstones; Papertrey Ink stamps--Polka Dot Basics II, Mega Mixed Messages; QuicKutz dies and stamping foam; Stampendous! embossing powder

Here's a detail shot so you can see how shiny and glittery the gold tinsel embossing powder is.
 


I went a little out of control, and the layers of patterns and bright colors are definitely out of my comfort zone, but that was the fun of it! The pink design was stamped using 6 foam stamps created from a single QuicKutz die. I arranged them on my acrylic block (seemed like a very Indian pattern to me) and then stamped them in rows to create the pattern. I cut out some negative space with a craft knife and then adhered a patterned transparency behind it. I adhered gemstones to the blue cardstock in the center of each window. I like how the gemstones are slightly obscured by the bright green pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment