Sunday, October 25, 2009

layout leftovers

Following my own advice, I made a card from my "Making Cookies With Mom" layout leftovers. I had pulled the flowers out while working on the layout, but didn't end up using them.

As I learn more about interior design and fashion, I begin to see its influence on my scrapbooking and cardmaking. I love how Candice Olson on Divine Design creates sophisticated spaces by using texture and pattern in various shades of the room's colors. I've also noticed that I'm drawn to rooms, outfits, and layouts that add a contrasting, possibly unexpected, "pop" of color. (The pop is in quotes because it's become such an HGTV/TLC buzzword that Keith has started joking about it.) Black and white dress with kelly green shoes? Done! (Stacy London would be proud.) Chocolate, taupe and cream living room with steel blue accents? Thinking about it. So when it was time to add centers to the flowers on this card, I quickly decided on fun aqua pearls rather than matching pink or brown centers. The card is more interesting that way, don't you think?


Bazzill cardstock; Scenic Route patterned paper; Prima paper flowers; Basic Grey adhesive pearls; vintage seam binding tape; Fontwerks alpha stamps; Versamark ink; Stampendous! embossing powder; Fiskars corner rounder

No comments:

Post a Comment