Wednesday, September 23, 2009

No Waste Wednesday: mini card set

My frugal nature means that I keep all but the tiniest of paper scraps (neatly sorted in hanging files and in ROYGBIV order, of course). My organized nature means I don't like lots of extra "stuff" sitting around and not getting used. I've found that cards are the perfect way for me to put my scraps to good use.

This is the first No Waste Wednesday, where I show how I've used my scraps and excess supplies to make some pretty cute projects. Hope you find some inspiration!

All of these cards were created using cardstock and patterned paper from my scrap files. I actually cut a card base first based on a cardstock piece I found and then discovered that the Heidi Swapp foam stamp fit perfectly to make a background. Once I saw how cute it turned out I searched through my cardstock scraps for more 3.5 x 7" pieces in coordinating colors. The American Crafts felt flowers were so much fun to mix and match and I think they give just the right touch to the cards.


 
 
 
 



 Bazzill Basics cardstock; KI Memories patterned paper; American Crafts felt flowers, rubon letters, and sentiments; Making Memories brads; Heidi Swapp foam stamp (dotted background); Versamark by Tsukineko stamping ink; Delta Stitchless Washable Fabric Glue (adhesive for felt)

No comments:

Post a Comment