Tuesday, September 22, 2009

lace flower card

I think this card is a great example of how I get inspired just by looking at supplies that are laid out on my desk. I don't think I would have thought to pair these two papers if I hadn't seen them together. I like how the bold diagonal stripes give a funky look to the more traditional floral pattern. I didn't want to distract from the graphic nature of the card, so I just added glitter to the large flower on the right by coloring it in with my Sakura Quickie Glue pen and then using a clear sparkle embossing powder. It's very pretty in person! What you should not do is ask me how long I moved the die cut paper around over the top of the card base trying to figure out just the right portion of the design to use.

In case you're wondering, I called this a lace flower card because the manufacturer calls this die cut paper lace paper.


KI Memories patterned paper and die cut paper; Sakura Quickie Glue pen; Hero Arts embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment