Monday, September 21, 2009

cards with texture

I really enjoy using texture in my scrapbooks, but it's even more fun to use it on cards because there's not a piece of plastic in the way (okay, protecting it, but it still sometimes gets in the way!). By giving someone a card with texture, you're indulging their sense of touch as well as their sense of sight. These cards have flocking, which just begs to be touched!
Doodlebug Designs flocked paper; Autumn Leaves; Making Memories ribbon and rhinestone brad; Cricut die cut flowers

I'm pretty proud of this card, because not only is it cute, but it was also made using materials in different ways. The green stripe on this card is actually a piece of a green and clear striped cellophane treat bag I snagged at a party. I thought it looked great with the more ornate flocked green paper. I made the white scallop by using the edge of some circular patterned die cut paper. I only had it in blue and red, so I flipped it over and used the white side to go with the card's color scheme. The brad is embossed with silver and clear sparkle embossing powder.
Bazzill Basics cardstock (grey); Worldwin Papers cardstock (pink); Doodlebug Designs flocked paper; KI Memories die cut paper; Prima paper flower; Making Memories brad; Duro Decal Co., Inc. letter stickers; vellum; cellophane bag

I love this card. Love it. It's simple, but the textures and patterns make it special. The pink circle is a metal circle I pulled off of a breast cancer awareness keychain (and it matches the pink ribbon in real life). The rhinestone brad is covering up the hole where the ring went through.
Doodlebug Designs flocked paper; KI Memories patterned paper; Making Memories glitter letter stickers and rhinestone brad; Fiskars corner punch; metal keychain; ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment