Monday, September 28, 2009

masculine cards

No update from the doctor yet; hopefully we'll hear tomorrow. Keith and I went on a nice little date tonight that involved a deep dish pizza and a ridiculously rich triple chocolate pizookie. Completely delicious. The company was even better. At one point, Keith was carefully scraping chocolate ice cream off of the Ghirardelli chocolate square and said, "I feel like a dinosaur hunter." I giggled, and then said, "Don't you mean archaeologist or paleontologist?" Which of course led to me snickering uncontrollably and Keith telling me to stop laughing at him. Typical us.

Now, on to some cards! Whenever I need to give a card to one of the men in my life, I often find that my selection of cards is seriously deficient in appropriate choices. Why? Because scrapbooking manufacturers make so many awesome ribbons, flowers and sparkly things. Which means that most of my cards are beribboned, beflowered, or besparkled (those are words, right?). However, if I exercise some restraint, I can create simple, strong, masculine cards. Most men don't want all the fancy details, anyway. Here are two super simple examples.


Bazzill Basics cardstock; KI Memories patterned paper; Heidi Swapp chipboard letters; Making Memories rubon letters; Creative Memories corner rounder


Scrapworks patterned paper; Making Memories rubon letters

Have a great night! I'm going to bed while Keith stays up late to watch the stupid Cowboys who can't figure out that people need to go to sleep at a decent time on a work night!

No comments:

Post a Comment