Monday, March 30, 2009

thoughts on getting implants
















So, I'm eventually going to get implants, but I'm honestly really worried about the pain and recovery time involved. Technically, I'm only going to get one implant, and it's going to be a tooth. Why, what did you think I was talking about?

One of my molars is a baby tooth (yes, really), because I never had an adult tooth to push it out. The dentist today said the roots are so short that I need to have a consultation with a surgeon soon so that we have a plan of action for when the tooth comes loose. Does this mean I'm going to have to get my mom to pull the loose tooth if I can't get it out soon enough? Anyway, there's surgery to implant a metal post, a couple of weeks of recovery, and then a fake tooth is attached to the post. If you're squeamish, don't google tooth implants. Not exactly something I'm looking forward to. On the plus side, I'll never get wisdom teeth!

The photo is of Keith and I starting out on a walk around the neighborhood two weekends ago. The only thing it has to do with this post is that it makes me think happy thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment