Monday, March 23, 2009

a fabulous four-day weekend

UNT's spring break was last week, but as of last year the university is only closed on Monday and then is open the rest of the week. Classes are out, but offices still stay open. It's pretty stinky. Since it's so quiet with all the residents gone, I worked Tuesday and Wednesday to catch up on my inbox and then took off Thursday and Friday. Thankfully, it was such a good four-day weekend that it actually felt like a whole spring break!

Thursday I scrapped some, went to hang out and have lunch with Michelle and her daughter Gabi, came home and scrapped some more, and then Keith and I went on a dinner date to Uno Chicago Grill in Fort Worth's Sundance Square. What a great day! Usually when I'm with Michelle we're also with Keith and Thiago (her husband) or they're at our house for a huge family gathering. Since we don't get to see each other nearly as much as I would like, it was nice to take some time for just the two of us to talk and hang out. Plus, Gabi is an adorable two year old! When I told Michelle we were eating at Uno, she asked me what that was and I think my initial response was something like a low groan of longing. If you haven't been to Uno, you must go! They have the most amazing deep dish pizza ever. I'm normally a thin crust kind of girl, but this crust is so flaky and delicious, it's the best I've ever had. We're actually glad there's not one near us, because then we would probably be fat, fat people.













The restaurant is in Sundance Square, so there's also lots of pretty streets and cute shops to walk around before or after your meal.






















Look at that amazing pizza.






















Not the greatest photo of me, but my four cheese pesto pizza sure does make me happy!


The rest of the weekend I did lots of scrapping--finished 5 layouts!, Keith got to watch lots of basketball, and we went to the FC Dallas (major league soccer) season opener. It was a pretty great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment